Questions to Ask Your Residential General Contractor
Making the choice to build a new home is one of the most important decisions you will ever make – and it is critical that you ask the right questions so you can be sure that you and your residential general contractor are on the same page when it comes to goals, home design, expectations, finances and the time frame of the project.
Here are some important questions that every potential new homeowner should ask of their residential general contractor in your initial meeting:
- How many years has your company been in business?
- How many homes have you built?
- Have you ever built a home like the one I want?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Do you offer a warranty for your work?
- Can you give me references from prior home buyers?
- Do you have a portfolio of your work or any homes that I can tour?
- Do you provide a detailed and accurate budget and contract?
The Los Angeles home builders market is extremely competitive, so by asking the right questions, you can weed out those Los Angeles home builders that may not have your best interests in mind or those builders who do not share your goals or vision. Here are some important questions that you should ask of your Los Angeles general contractor: